Get Involved

4.04.2008

Treading Water

Are you better off today than you were eight years ago? By a twist of fate I can say that I am, and I thank God every day for it.

By virtue of my position as a Labor leader, I don't think this success is courtesy of the Bush Administration. Most (95%) of the people I've asked in the past few days say they were better off financially in the mid-to-late 90's and their quality of life has deteriorated steadily in the past eight years. Blame (or credit) the war, the yen, Bush or your mother-in-law if you like but this country is being held captive by Big Oil and Big Business. Tax breaks for the rich, shuttered factories for the working poor.

I miss the middle class, and I want it back! I don't enjoy being a member of the working poor party and it breaks my heart to see others do the same. It's getting to the point where there will be two economic groups- the rich and working poor.

I'm doing my part by fighting the corporate machine, and by getting more involved in politics. What are you doing?

Please, take a moment to answer the poll on the right side of this blog and help me to help you gauge Americas opinion of itself.

No comments: