Get Involved

9.24.2007

Getting closer, Getting excited!

Bobby found out today that he is definitely "IN", meaning he's got the blessings of his Master to receive his black belt- first degree!!!

New uniforms are in, as well as the necessary patches. He got sized for his custom-made black belt too! I was at a meeting and wasn't present for this unfortunately but I'm told that once he put the belt on to check for proper size, he didn't want to take it off! I can't say as I blame him either. He was forced to 'reset his goals", as they put it, last cycle as he broke his arm about halfway through that first cycle. Still, to make it all the way through in two attempts is quite an achievement for anyone, even more so for an eleven year old kid.

I made it home in time to talk to him before he fell asleep, and he's pretty stoked. He's already worried about stage fright. I think he'll do fine, and tried to tell him that this is no different than participating in one of the many tournaments he's been in and had no trouble with stage fright. He said "Dad, that place is gonna have 2000 people in it, and that's a lot of people!"

The next two weeks will be awfully busy preparing for Power Weekend. It's now held at the Mulroy Civic Center in downtown Syracuse. He'll be busy perfecting his creative kumatae, and working on board-breaking too!

I'm a proud proud daddy right now. If he gets hurt between now and October 14, he'll be grounded until he's 28, lol!

1 comment:

Greeneyezz said...

Very Cool DB!

I'm rooting for him, as we all are, I'm sure!

Grounding 'till he's 28, eh?? hehe