Get Involved

9.30.2007

Karate Essay


My son Bobby is preparing to achieve his first degree black belt. As you may or may not know, karate is much more than simply waving your hands and feet in an attempt to chop your opponent in half. It combines Mind, Body, and Spirit. As an exhibit to this I offer the Student Creed:


I intend to develop myself in a positive manner and to avoid anything that would reduce my mental growth or my physical health.


I intend to develop self-discipline in order to bring out the best in myself and others.


I intend to use what I learn in class constructively and defensively; to help myself and my fellow man, and never to be abusive or offensive.



Partof Bobbys work towards achieving this
goal is writing an essay about his involvement in the martial arts. The
following is his essay entry:




My sister won a drawing at the Plank Road festival. My mom
asked me if I wanted to join to and I said yes. I’ve gotten physically
stronger, mentally smarter, emotionally stayed the same. I feel I’ve
developed more discipline than I had before and I feel I worked very hard and
spent much time on practicing. I feel stronger and able to defend myself
if I get into that position.


I would like to go on for my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so
on. I want to be a UFC fighter when I get older and karate would help me
with that a lot. Master Sgcar is dedicated to what he does and he is a
good leader. He is dedicated to teaching us discipline, good leadership,
and to be good kids. Karate is fun and hard at times but I like it.


Attaboy, little buddy!



No comments: